I’ll be taking a brief time out. I’m taking off on an adventure tomorrow morning so I’ll be unplugged for the next week. But before I go I feel compelled to share some wonderful things that I’ve already discovered in 2018:
- Simon Sinek. Where have you been my whole life? Everything this man says just makes sense. He’s smart, interesting, and always inspiring.
- Mel Robbins. How have I never known about this woman? I was listening to some TedX talks on autoplay and when she started speaking I was captivated. She makes me want to get things done. In 5-4-3-2-1-Go.
- Snapchat filters. I know, I know. I’m light years behind. I knew they existed, I just didn’t really care. I’ve been missing out. My BFF and I have
wasted so much timebonded by texting ridiculous short videos back and forth. It’s great fun.
- My dryer has a steam refresh setting that is frickin’ awesome. It’s way better than throwing something in with a damp washcloth. How did I miss that setting with a little steam cloud on it for the past 2 years?
- The Infiniti Pro Curl Secret 2.0. It really does make perfect shiny curls or beachy waves foolproof. I’m not entirely sure how people continue to do it the old-fashioned way (i.e. regular curling irons) – this is possibly my favorite hair tool invention ever.
While I may be a little behind on all of these discoveries (as not a single one of them are new in any way), they’ve brought joy unspeakable in 2018. This is only day 5, too. I hope this trend of discovering pleasant surprises continues. It’s the little things, my friends.
Be back soon,
Currently playing in the soundtrack of my mind: Vacation by the Go-Go’s. Because it’s always a good time for one of those.